-Support our Farmers by Tipping at Checkout!
- Hard Strictly Hard
Sampler SHB and HB -3 lbs
- ✅ STRICTLY HARD BEANS - SHG Coffee Strictly High Grown (SHG) Coffee – also known as Strictly Hard Bean (SHB) Coffee – is coffee grown altitudes more than 1,200 meters (4,000 feet) above sea level. When coffee beans are grown at higher elevations, they develop slowly. This means more nutrients are delivered to the beans, allowing for a high nutrient concentration. While the high quality often means a more expensive product, it also results in a healthier and more flavorful coffee.
- ✅ HARD BEANS - Coffees grown at altitudes above 3,000 feet are described as "Hard Bean" or HB; above 4,500 feet is referred to as "Strictly Hard Bean" or SHB. The higher altitudes and lower temperatures produce a slower maturing fruit and a harder, less porous bean, and are thus more desirable. Terms like SHB, SHG, and the like can vary from region to region, and are used more pervasively in Guatemala coffee growing areas.
✅ 100% Fresh Crop in January 2022
✅ 100% Arabica Coffee, HB, SHB,
✅ Rich Flavor & Aroma
✅ Directly From The Farm
✅ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Bethel farm, our coffee growing region is located in eastern Guatemala along the border with Honduras. An ideal climate and clay and metamorphic volcanic soils result in high quality coffee with a distinct acidity and good body.
Nuevo Oriente coffee grows at elevations from 4,300 feet to 5,500 feet above sea level where the rainfall averages about 1,900 mm each year and temperatures range from 18 to 25 degrees Celsius (64 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit). The coffee cherry are harvested from December into March.
- Bethel Farm Owned by Kafetos Family
- Specialty Grade: 85-90 points
- Cupping Notes: Chocolate, Citrus, Floral, Caramel
- Elevation: 1500 to 2100 meters
- Varietals: Arabica Fully wash
- Milling Process: Wet
- Drying Process: Patio
- Recommended Roasting: Medium Dark
Drying Process: Patio
Hard Strictly Hard Marsellesa
unroasted green coffee beans for sale